Booking the Hall
If you would like to enquire about booking the hall please call the Booking Secretary on 01572 756216, or email email@example.com.
We generally hire out the hall in morning, afternoon, or evening sessions and the current rates can be found here. We offer discounts for regular bookings, and to residents of Braunston and Brooke.
If the date you wish to book is available, we will send you a hire agreement and full terms and conditions; this can be done by email or by post. We will usually require payment within two weeks of making the booking, and for parties we will also ask for a refundable damage deposit. The booking will be made firm once we receive your acceptance of the terms, and the payment.
Our hall sits within the village and is close to a number of residents' houses; to ensure that events do not cause nuisance we maintain strict policies regarding noise and finishing times. We will take a deposit for party bookings, and this may be forfeit if, in the view of our management committee, the terms and conditions are not adhered to.
If you wish to run a noisy event, or one which goes on beyond 11 pm, then our village hall is probably not for you !
Unfortunately we are unable to take bookings for ’teenage’ parties ( ages 13 to 21 inclusive ).
Terms and conditions
Before making any booking we ask that you are aware of our terms and conditions of hire, as well as the more general rules on the use of the hall.
To see a copy of our standard terms and conditions please click here, and for a list of our general rules that apply to all bookings, but particularly to parties and weddings, please click here. ( Both are PDFs which will open in a new window )
If you are booking a party with music please note our premises noise policy which exists at the hall to ensure that your event does not unduly disturb our neighbours.
- The level of amplified music must be kept to reasonable levels. No noise from the Village Hall should be audible at any significant distance from the Village Hall, in particular at any adjoining or nearby properties, such as those immediately to the south of the Village Hall.
- During an amplified music event all doors and windows should be kept closed, as far as practicable. If windows are opened Rule (1) must still be complied with.
- Playing of amplified music must cease at 11.00 pm.
- The hirer must provide a contact number at the time of booking, such that the person responsible for playing amplified music as well as the hirer (if different) can be contacted during the event.
The hall has a licence issued by Rutland County Council which allows the hall to be open between 9am and midnight, 7 days a week for the following activities :
- the performance of a play;
- an exhibition of a film;
- an indoor sporting event;
- a performance of live music;
- any playing of recorded music;
- a performance of dance;
- or entertainment of a similar description to live music, recorded music or dance
This applies to village hall building only and does not cover, for example, playing music in the gardens. If you wish to hold any of the above activities outside the hall, then please talk to us about it first. Similarly, please let us know if you would like to have a marquee as we do have some restrictions on garden structures.
The premises licence for Braunston Village Hall does not allow the sale of alcohol. If you wish to sell alcohol you must apply to RCC for a Temporary Events Notice (TEN) for your function. There is an annual limit of twelve TENs for the hall per calendar year, so you must check with us at time of booking whether this will be possible. If you are providing alcohol free of charge to your guests a TEN is not required.